Composed of approximately 90 multiple choice questions covering 12 passages, 6 free response questions, detailed answer explanations, teaching strategies, vocabulary and literary term lists, and essay scoring guides, this resource can provide concentrated instructional support for any Pre-AP and AP English course.
Volume 1 is based on essay selections primarily written in the 1700’s and 1800’s.
- “Advertisements for the Inexperienced Planters of New England” by Captain John Smith
- “The Duties of Children to Their Parents” by Cotton Mather
- “The Way to Wealth” by Benjamin Franklin
- Introduction to Rights of Man, Part II by Thomas Paine
- Excerpt from “Self Reliance,” by Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The Last Days of John Brown” by Henry David Thoreau
- “What Slaves are Told about the North” by Harriet Jacobs
- European Preface to Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Mrs. Post Enlarges on Etiquette” by Dorothy Parker