Mastering Synthesis and Documentation
Prepare your Pre-AP* and AP* Language students for the synthesis and documentation questions they will encounter on the AP* Language exam with these specialized resource guides.
The Mastering Synthesis resource guide consists of six complete synthesis practices. Each of the six practices includes:
- An introduction to a topical, complex issue.
- A prompt that asks the student to take and defend a position on a specific question related to this issue and/or determine the most relevant points on both sides of the issue.
- Six sources for the student to consider and synthesize in support of his or her position, at least one of which is a visual or graphic of some kind.
Mastering Nonfiction with Documentation includes:
- 12 nonfiction passages, each of which lends itself to analysis of rich, complex language, as well as providing practice in the interpretation and technical analysis of documented sources.
- An answer key and detailed explanations for the 91 multiple-choice questions presented in the 12 practices.
- Strategies for using the multiple-choice practices in your own classroom.