Applied Practice offers the following assessment and scoring options for Calculus teachers and students. Each assessment contains original, field-tested questions. Open response questions are evaluated by expert educators using a set of prescribed standards. Multiple-choice style questions are scored and analyzed using our nGaugeTM scoring platform, and detailed reports are delivered directly to teachers to guide preparation moving forward. Each exam mimics the style, format and expectations of the actual AP® exam.
Click through the tabs below to learn about our offerings.
Full length Mock Assessment
- Section 1: 45 multiple-choice questions (30 non-calculator and 15 calculator)
- Section 2: 6 free response questions (4 non-calculator and 2 calculator)
Free Response Only Assessment
- Section 2: 6 free response questions (4 non-calculator and 2 calculator)1)
Each teacher will receive access to the nGauge™ Teacher Dashboard to track student submissions and download reports. Standard reporting includes: Teacher Report with Potential AP® Score, Student Report Card, Multiple Choice Item Analysis, and Learning Objectives Reports. Reports also include each student's overall FRQ score as well as a breakdown of the scoring of each free response question based on the allocation of points in the rubric. The teacher will also receive access to the Multiple Choice Answer Key with Rationales and Student Samples with Scoring Commentary for each Free Response Question.
Teachers will receive access to video deconstruction of each short answer and free response question on the exam. In the videos, an expert teacher will provide an analysis of the question, as well as tips and strategies to help students improve their scores.
*Pricing is per student.
The Applied Practice benchmarks are a way for teachers to demonstrate to students the level of work expected in an AP® course and on the exam. The exam covers specific topics (outlined below), giving teacher's an early opportunity to gauge both student progress on the specified topics as well as having open responses scored in the same manner as the actual AP® exam. As with the Mock Exam, Benchmark responses are evaluated by expert educators.
- Benchmark for AP® Calculus AB includes 9 multiple-choice questions and two free response prompts.
- Multiple Choice section contains 6 non-calculator and 3 calculator questions
- Free Response section contains 1 non-calculator and 1 calculator question
- Topics covered: Limits, Definition of a Derivative, Differentiation Techniques, and Related Rates
Each teacher will receive access to the nGauge™ Teacher Dashboard to track student submissions and download reports. Standard reporting includes: Teacher Report, Student Report Card, Multiple Choice Item Analysis, and Learning Objectives Reports. The teacher will also receive access to the Answer Key with Rationales, Student Samples, access to downloadable lessons.
*Pricing is per student.
For additional information, including information on assessment package options, customization, and pricing, please complete and submit the form below. For additional questions, please contact email@example.com.
* - AP and Advanced Placement are registered trademarks of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and do not endorse, this product.