As your students read The Great Gatsby, they will have the opportunity to practice and to develop the skills necessary for critical reading and fluent writing. More importantly, these materials provide students with opportunities to improve as readers and writers.
This resource guide consists of the following components:
- Six (6) reading passages from the literary or nonfiction work, each with more than ten (10) multiple-choice and open-ended questions.
- Up to ten (10) writing practices related thematically to the work, including revising and editing practices; graphic organizers, outlines, or timelines; as well as questions testing grammar and usage. Over seventy (70) multiple-choice questions are also included in the writing section.
- Ten (10) free response prompts based on the literary or nonfiction work—some analytical, some persuasive.
- Answer keys for all multiple-choice questions with detailed answer explanations.
- Suggested responses for open-ended questions.