Applied Practice provides ready-to-use classroom resources for grades 6-12. Browse through our expansive list of resources to see all we have to offer for English, math, science, and social science educators. Now available through DIGITAL DOWNLOADS
Empowering Teachers, Improving Scores
Equip your teachers with data that provides focused instruction that will better prepare students with the knowledge and skills needed for success on standardized exams.
Give your teachers the flexibility to pick and choose from multitudes of resources with immediate online access to over 15,000 AP-style practice questions.
Relevant, discipline-specific workshops, with embedded instructional strategies that guide teachers in better preparing students for success in advanced courses.
Looking for ideas and inspiration for your classroom? Examine our library of Free Resources.
Applied Practice has partnered with iDesign to make it easier than ever to earn six hours of professional development credit to satisfy the TEA Gifted & Talented requirement.
Applied Practice provides supplemental classroom resources, integrated test preparation, assessment options, professional development opportunities and much more.
Our resources are literature and language-based for English and topic-based for math, science, and social studies.
Each product line provides support by offering classroom activities written in the style and format of various standardized test assessments, while covering content typically taught in a unit of study.
Utilize your classroom time more efficiently by blending content review and critical test-taking practice!
All of our resources enable teachers to integrate student preparation for standardized tests with their core curriculum for grades 6-12.
How We Can Help
- Promote improved standardized test scores while ending the criticism of “teaching to the test”
- Provide students practice in higher level thinking skills and critical analysis
- Utilize detailed answer explanations for thorough comprehension
- Integrate targeted content seamlessly into daily lessons
- Document correlations to standards within instructional plans
- Empower teachers with standards-aligned resources for ELA, math, science, and social studies
- Reinforce district progress initiatives
- Offer options for teaching critical thinking, close reading, and effective composition
- Support best classroom practices through instruction in core content
- Encourage differentiation of instruction to meet individual student needs
- Provide access to a cohesive, guided instructional model
“Applied Practice materials are an invaluable tool. The questions give the students firsthand practice which demystifies the test so that students have a sense of being fully prepared to take the AP test.”
– Elizabeth Aston-Sullivan, Texas AP Teacher
“Applied Practice has made my job as an English teacher much easier and more enjoyable! Each Applied Practice test preparation book provides grammar, vocabulary, critical reading, and writing practices that align with the novels that I am currently teaching. Gone are the days of teaching grammar, test preparation, vocabulary and essay writing in separate units. Thanks to applied practice, I can conveniently integrate all of these skills into my classic study of any novel!”
– Laura Cronin, English Department Chair
“The GT Refresher online course was wonderful. Because it was self-paced, I could do it in parts and did not miss any class time with my students. The staff is not only professional, but courteous in their delivery and vigilant in making sure that the program is administered in a user friendly and fair manner. A+.”
– Jenna Edwards, TX AP Teacher
“Our campus loves using Applied Practice resource guides. The questions are well written and are an incredible resource to prepare our students for the AP exam as well as the state exam.”
– Julie McGuane, George Ranch High School, Lamar, TX
This was a wonderful service for me and my students. The experience and data were so helpful! "
– Aaryn Birchell, 2018 UT State Teacher of the Year
“I am probably remiss in telling you a big, fat thank you for the mock exam we received from you last year, so… THANK YOU! It provided some wonderful feedback for our kids…and as a bonus, saved the teachers time in grading."
– Sara Hinson, Duncanville ISD
“My AP scores were terrific, and they were almost exactly what was predicted except some students moved from a 3 to a 4 or 5.”
– AP Teacher, Alabama